Sunday 15 January 2012

Worst blogger in the world Part 3: Two weeks of 2012

London Eye and the Houses of Parliament
New Years' was followed by a couple of quite days at home watching films. Then on January 3rd, my mummy's birthday, we went on a day trip to London. We went on the London Eye, finally, it only took us 12 years to actually get round to it! It was so worth the wait though, definitely the best way to see London. I mean, it's no Eiffel or Montparnasse tower, but hey, London's no Paris either. The views were amazing though! Naturally Joey had about 9874973597197 cameras with her, so it'll be worth keeping an eye out on her blog for when the photos get developed (link in the 'Where Next?' sidebar). After a whizz around the London Eye we walked along Southbank to the Tate modern. Joey went to an exhibition and the rest of us sat in the turbine hall and had lunch, where Peter made some amusing assessments of modern art. Me: Are there any bins in here? Peter: Watch it, even if there are, they might be an installation. We walked along the Millennium bridge to St. Paul's Cathedral, where Mum and Dad went to evensong, Joey and I had a nap and Peter read some of the Unfinished Tales. We had chinese for dinner, nomnomnom.


The butterfly birthday cake I made :D
Two days later, my birthday celebrations began. On the day before my birthday I had some of the girls from Addington church over for a dinner party. We had spicy potato wedges to start, stuffed peppers and sweet potato fritters for mains and an AMAZING butterfly cake for dessert. It was a brilliant night, we just chatted and giggled for about 4 hours. When the grandfather clock struck birthday, I opened my present from them. It was a snuggie blanket, in response to my love for the one I found in Lizzie's house at NYE. It's the most beautiful, fluffy thing ever ever ever :D

My new cross with my butterfly :)
My actual birthday was pretty quiet. We got up in the morning to do presents, Mummy and Daddy got me a new cross necklace to match the butterfly that we all know and love. Joey and Peter got me Just Dance 3 for the Wii. The evening was then consumed with Wii related antics, in which we managed to persuade my Dad to reluctantly partake in Just Dancing. It was all of a few seconds into 'Take On Me' before he was well into it! So my nineteenth birthday came to a close with brilliant silliness.

One day, a tube and two trains later I find myself back in York. Emily - who'd booked train tickets to get back for my birthday, despite me staying in Kent for said event - was around, so came in for a chat. A chat that stretched from about 8pm to 1am. Brilliant to be back. Asha got back to York the day after me and the first few days were full of trips to town, long long long meal times and banter. After a week of being back, the three of us have settled into cooking for each other quite a lot, which I have to tell you, makes life so much cheaper. We also hair dyed again, so I have a bluey/greeny dip dye, pictures should be around in time for my next post (I can feel your excitement!). We finally managed to persuade Asha to get some properly red hair dye, so it finally shows in her hair - a teeny weeny bit! Emily's hair kind of went ginger... so that's the last time she lets me apply bleach...

Believe it or not, that pretty much brings us up to tonight, which I can only tell you was a massively exciting Saturday. We started house hunting. Much squealing, excitement and fudge eating occurred.

Now that I've caught up, I will apologise again for my laziness over the Christmas holidays, and I know the last three posts have been pretty rushed, but it's a pretty important time of Year, so I didn't want to skip it entirely! I will try and make my next post more worth reading though, promise!

Much love, as always :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment