Saturday 10 March 2012

Enjoying Freedom.

Hey, how've you been? Enjoying life?

Since we last spoke, I've been pretty busy. Sam came to visit, we walked the walls in York and finished off watching Firefly. I've been hugely stressed about two essays, but they're both handed in now; I can tell you all about meaningful art in Jane Eyre and the ethnic identity of barbarians after the fall of the Roman Empire - whoever said that Arts degrees aren't relevant? The Alpha course was brilliant, unfortunately I missed the last one :(, but I'm really going to miss it, I really settled into it and even though a lot of questions couldn't be answered - at least not by me! - a lot of the discussions were really thought-provoking and that's good. On Wednesday I went to a play called 'Miss Yesterday' by a local amateur dramatics company at the York Theatre Royal, my review of it should be in the Yorker tomorrow (link in the about me section to your right). Highlight of the blog post however, LAUREN HUMPHRIES CAME TO VISIT.

She dates back before this blog, so I'll introduce you to her. I got to know Lauren whilst I was living in Rothley. She's studying Speech and Language Therapy at Newcastle University and SHE CAME TO SEE ME. The capitals are definitely necessary. When I was still in Leicester I saw this girl 2/3 times a week at least, but I've not seen her since... wait for it September. That's 6 months. As an aside, I'm aware that there are lots of people I've not seen for 6 months or more, you're welcome to drop me a line and visit York whenever - I'm basically an amateur tour guide these days. Alternatively, I'm going to be in Leicester from April 10-17th, so, book your dates ;)

Anyway, I digress... Lauren dropped me a text last weekend asking if she could visit and so she rocked up in York station on Thursday evening. We sat around in the kitchen with Emily and Asha for a while, spicy potato wedges, chocolate mug brownies and baking occurred - standard evening in House K. We then donned some bed sheets and headed over to Tokyo for toga party; Lauren was introduced to The Willow. Today I took her around York and we had an amazing cheese/humus/olive platter at The Attic, nomnomnom!

Unfortunately, Lauren has had to head back to Newcastle for the 10th birthday party of a pencil case, so I'm all tucked up in bed and planning to finally catch up on the sleep I've been deprived of because of essays/Willow.

I know I promised interesting blogs from here on out and until death do us part, but I've not got anything particular to say to you unfortunately. For what it's worth, once this is posted I'm going to go and do some work on my next chapters - watch this space.

Love you as always xo
P.S. I'll upload some toga pictures as soon as Asha or Lauren upload them onto facebook - all the pictures taken on my camera were hideous.
P.P.S. hideous is my new overly used and often out of context word, just to keep you in the know!
P.P.P.S. O MY DAIIZZZZZZ As if I nearly forgot to tell you this, I have been elected as the Deputy Editor for the Looking Glass Anthology next year - woooohooooo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment