Monday 10 October 2011

Northbound - the trip to University

So this post is a day late because I couldn't work out how to get onto the internet in my room... turns out I was getting my password wrong the whole time!


Well hey there. Guess where I am. In the car, surrounding my half of what I own and about an hour and a half away from York. Finally.
There’s not much to tell you as there’s nothing particularly worth mentioning about packing stuff up in boxes. There are however, a couple of points of interest.
1.       We managed – I said we, Dad – managed to fit all of my stuff into just the car, no trailer and no roof box required! Okay, so it’s a people carrier and we took 4 seats out, but given that I’m taking my bike, my ‘cello and the keyboard I’m pretty pleased with my efficient packing! For the astute among you, me taking my keyboard indicates that I’m intending to carry on with the whole self-teaching the piano attempt. I didn’t get as far as I would have hoped to through the summer, but it’s not like I’m going to be that busy at university – right?
2.       I did some baking yesterday morning, to bribe my housemates to like me, so I have a tin full of chocolate brownies and a tin full of smarties cookies. I’m hoping that me baking for my house will become a semi-regular thing and I’ll let you know how that goes.
3.       I mentioned in my last post that I left ‘One Day’ at Sam’s house in Leicester, well he mailed it to me and it arrived yesterday, so I finished it yesterday. I was planning to write the review for it whilst in the car (ie, now) but, alas, despite my best efforts for organisation I packed my book review notebook away in a sellotape sealed box, so you’re going to have to wait on that review I’m afraid. Also, I watched ‘Water for Elephants’ on Friday night so there should be a review coming for that as well. Clearly though, it’s Freshers’ week, so I’m not going to be making you any promises about when my next post/reviews will be up. Sorry!
So there we have it, that’s all you need to know. I should be arriving at my house at about 6pm and I’ll try and remember to post this at some point tonight (no internet in the car) but of course that will depend how many of my housemates feel chatty tonight/aren’t going out on the bar crawl that I have no energy for.
See you when I see you! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment